Grand Master Jun, Yung Ho, 77 years old celebrates his 40th Anniversary here in Tampa.
As the President of the American Taekwondo Union and Changmoo Kwan World Federation, he is still active and training all of his students. Find out what martial arts can be for you - call Grand Master Jun today (813.935.8888)
Interested in martial arts? There are many different reasons people enjoy martial arts. Some of the most common are:
- the knowledge, understanding, ability, and confidence to protect oneself.
- the physical challenge and opportunity to compete, either in form execution or sparring.
- the personal challenge of developing skill, technique, and discipline.
- the support and cameraderie among students.
- releasing stress that builds over the work or school day.
- feeling stronger and more energetic.
- losing weight and getting back in shape.
- increasing flexibility (which is important as ones ages).
- participating in an activity one can practice even in their sixties and seventies.
Everyone enjoys the increased sense of confidence that they acquire as they learn that they can do much more than they believed they could. There are many reasons to participate in martial arts, and most people enjoy multiple benefits from it.
If you wish to get involved in martial arts, find a school that:
- has the best Instructor with the best technique so that he can show you how it's done.
- is established and has a track record of excellent teaching.
- teaches a variety of effective unarmed and armed techniques.
- not only teaches you how to fight, but also teaches you how to remain calm and in control of situations.
- teaches you the physical AND the mental side of martial arts.
- instructs you about the philosophy behind martial arts and how to develop your spiritual energy (Ki) that can help you keep going and also helps healing.
- welcomes you, helps you get started, and can take you as far as you may wish to go.
You can find all of that at Yung Ho Martial Arts. The Yung Ho School has instructed Martial Artists for over 38 years making us the oldest and most established Martial Arts School in the Tampa Bay area. Our tradition and spirit goes back 2000 years and we train both the body and the mind. To learn more, visit The School page.
Our Founder and Principal Instructor is our ninth Degree Grand Master Yung Ho Jun. It is truly a rare and unique opportunity to learn directly from a Grandmaster who is one of the foremost experts in the world. You can learn more about his training and accomplishments on the Grand Master Jun page.
How do I get started? If you would like to observe or try a free class, take the first step in improving your life and call us at 813-935-8888 or email us . We look forward to talking with you.
Grand Master Jun, Kukkiwon 9th degree Black Belt, has received the honor of his appointment as an advisor to Kukkiwon (the official body for Blackbelt registration, promotions, and regulation). (click on images to enlarge)
In addition, Grand Master Jun also received an award from the Chairman of the Taekwondo Promotion Foundation for his achievement in expanding the art and sport of TaeKwonDo throughout the US and the world.
The next Color Belt Test will be held Saturday, December 7th at 12:00 noon.
Please arrive at 11:00 for registration and warm-up.
The next Black Belt Test will be held Friday, February 7th at 6:00 p.m.
Color Belt Classes - Instruction starts at 4:30 pm Mondays through Fridays and at 11:30 am on Saturdays.
Black Belt Classes - Advanced training - for Black Belts only - is held on Thursdays at 6:30 pm.
Ki-Gong Classes - Special instruction to develop your internal Ki energy for strength and healing is given at 12:00 and 6:30 pm on Fridays.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM :
Yung Ho Martial Arts is accepting registration for this year's After School Program. Children can be picked up from their school and brought to the Center. They will have a snack followed by school study and homework time. This will be followed by a Tae Kwon Do class. Afterwards, when the child has finished their homework, they can watch a movie together. On Fridays, the students go on a field trip.
For information or registration, please call 813-935-8888